King Prawns, Rice & Courgette – Quick & Simple
There are days when a quick and simple meal is just what you need. On a Tuesday my wife and I both work a little later so when we get home we want something that’s quick, simple and healthy for dinner. This king prawn, rice & courgette meal is exactly that. Just a few ingredients and one pan to cook it all in.
- King Prawns in Garlic Butter
- 2 Chopped Courgettes
- Sugar Snap Peas
- 250g Rice
- Pop a little virgin olive oil in a wok, we used a garlic infused one for a little something extra
- Once the oil is hot throw in the prawns and getting them cooking over medium heat so they don’t burn
- After 7-8 minutes the prawns should be looking good to get those vegetables in the wok too
- Cook those for a few minutes until cooked, not burnt and not still hard.
- Get the rice in the microwave, yes we used cheaty rice
- Get a bowl, in goes the rice, then the prawn goodness and add a splash of soy sauce on top
Such a great midweek meal. It tastes good and is full of flavour. You can, of course, use prawns with a chilli kick, or add broccoli, peppers or any other vegetable. As an added benefit this is a fairly cheap meal to put together. We shop in Aldi so in total this cost around £4, so £2 per serving.